Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
About Kitman Labs
At Kitman Labs, we're building the tools that enable the world's greatest sporting organisations to reduce their risk of injury, optimise the performance of their athletes and ultimately win more competitions. We do that by combining the knowledge of Sports Scientists, Product Designers and Software Engineers to create intuitive products that solve the problems those organisations face every day. Our clients come from a wide range of sports, such as American Football, Soccer, Rugby and Hockey.
What's the role?
We're looking for people to join our growing Product Engineering group. This team is responsible for creating and maintaining all of the tools that our customers use to get the best from their athletes.
Ultimately we want you to decide what you do, but for an idea of what your day to day work will be like, we imagine you'll do things like:
- Build interfaces that make it incredibly easy to get information into our system. We collect data from a wide range of sources, so it has to be frictionless for our customers.
- Design and build tools that help people make sense of the data they've collected and allow them to gain quick insights to power their decision making
- Obsess over the quality of the products that you build. We care deeply about providing an amazing user experience and achieve that through a mix of automation, constantly shipping new code, and iterating in short loops
- Ensure the scalability and availability of our systems by writing robust and well tested code
- Grow your career. We want our team to grow with the company, so we bias heavily to internal promotions for leadership roles, whether you're interested in managing teams or being a technical leader
What kind of things are we looking for?
Your initial focus after joining the team will be on our web based products which are Rails applications with a mix of React and ERB views. To that end, you should have:
- At least three years experience writing Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience working with feature driven teams of designers, product managers and engineers
- Experience creating high quality and device independent user interfaces
A note about diversity
In addition to a team with diverse skillsets, we're also committed to a team with diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity so that we all share in our successes
- Comprehensive health insurance so you don't have to worry about the unexpected
- Gym membership to help you keep active
- Macbook Pros are our standard issue laptop, but if you work better with different hardware, we can figure that out
- Taxsaver tickets and a cycle-to-work scheme to help you get around
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and drinks to keep fuelled
- A great location, close to the DART, Luas, plenty of bus routes, secure onsite bike parking, and showers in the office